Saturday-Sunday 19-20 November – OFFSITE (Invite only)
Exclusive wild adventure to the north to visit the legendary Sahala Estate. This epic biohacking retreat will teach you everything you need to know about war time survival tactics, “Holy Smoke” smoke sauna, ice swimming, and other true and tested methods for longevity and increased performance. The Sahala Estate was occupied by Russians over the war period (1810) and was taken over by Jalkanen family at 1873. Sir Jalkanen the 4th (imagine one of the fittest 65 year olds you have ever seen, a bald white viking with 36 kg stone kettle bells in both hands sitting on a saddle ready to protect his farm from intruders) will be hosting and immersing the crew into long lost archaic Finnish biohacking techniques.
- Saturday 19 November, 11:17 to 15:10 – Helsinki Railway Station: Joint train to Suonenjoki (4 hours)
- ??? Epic shit at Sahala Estate, Rautalampi
- Sunday 20 November, 14:52-18:42 – Primary train back to Helsinki
If you want to stay at Sahala Estate / Rautalampi / Suonenjoki, traditional lodging is available nearby if you want to stay overnight.
Other trains are as follows (Alternative return not included. Tickets available at VR):
- Sunday 20 November, 11:52-15:39 – Earlier train back to Helsinki
- Sunday 20 November, 17:41-21:42 – Later train back to Helsinki
- Sunday 20 November, 20:12-00:33 – Latest train back to Helsinki
Note: This trip will both test your limits and provide stress relief. Be prepared to go beyond your comfort zone. The temperature is going to be close to 0 degrees celsius during the day and -5 degrees celsius during the night. There is going to be outdoor activities, so dress accordingly.
If you are interested to sponsor the offsite, please contact us.
What to Expect
You will be grounding yourself with nature. That means, you will spend less time with modern amenities such as electricity and central heating and more with true technologies coming from the nature.
Temperature will be lowest at -5 celsius (23 fahrenheit). This is not that cold, but you will be spending extended periods outdoors.
We have internet connection (fiber/wireless), but you may not be able to use it that often.
Dinner (19 Nov), breakfast and lunch (20 Nov) is inclusive.
Suggested Gear List
It is likely we will have snow from head to toe. You will be spending most of your time outdoors in the forest, so dress accordingly. Here are a few suggestions on the gear to bring:
- 1x Long johns (long underwear)
- 1x long sleeve shirt
- 1x Thermal/insulated gloves
- 1x Thermal/insulated beanie/hat
- 1x Warm winter jacket
- 1x Warm waterproof trousers
- 1x Waterproof boots (leather or winter boots)
- 1x Swimming suit
- 2x Wool socks
- 1x Small flashlight or headlight
- 1x Personal toiletries including toothbrush
- 1x Small towel
- 1x Rain jacket or mini umberella, in case it rains (at this point we are expecting snow, so not necessarily required)
- 1x Water bottle
- 1x Something to protect your phone from moisture
- 1x Daypack for the aformentioned
Note about outdoor gear: You are not going to Antarctica so don’t go overtly crazy. Get gear that also allows you to engage in a bit of movement.
You may want to consider some small snacks.
Other than previous is probably not needed.
All your other belongings should fit into a luggage/backpack that will be safely stored away.